La date/heure actuelle est Dim 23 Sep - 18:46 (2018) | Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés
Voir les messages sans réponses
Rebirth Index du ForumRebirth Index du Forum
Membres Groupes S’enregistrer Connexion

Historys Greatest Artists The Life And Legacy Of Jackson
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Rebirth Index du Forum » La guilde » Candidatures
Sujet précédent | Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
jarpast

Masculin
Situation: Célibataire
Situation IG: Geek
Classe Principale: Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 05:07 (2017)    Sujet du message: Historys Greatest Artists The Life And Legacy Of Jackson Répondre en citant

History's Greatest Artists: The Life and Legacy of Jackson Pollock
by Charles River Editors

>>>DOWNLOAD BOOK History's Greatest Artists: The Life and Legacy of Jackson Pollock

"When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It is only after a sort of 'get acquainted' period that I see what I have been about." - Jackson Pollock

In August of 1949, Life magazine famously began a lengthy article on Jackson Pollock with the headline "Is he the greatest living painter in the United States?" By that time, Pollock was already well-established in the American art world, the beneficiary of laudatory critical assessments, commercial success, and the support of the influential Peggy Guggenheim (who had helped launch his career with a major show six years earlier). However, to the relatively uninitiated readership of a middlebrow publication like Life, the article sent shockwaves, as many wondered how Jackson Pollock, whose paintings seemed abstract and sloppy to the point of resonating like the work of a young child, could possibly command any major standing within the horizon of avant-garde and modernist art. These same people no doubt wondered how his artwork could reasonably lay claim to being masterpieces with no apparent subject matter. On a psychological level, it's even possible that readers wondered how a man who looked as macho and indeed, boorish, as Jackson Pollock could really be the greatest painter America had to offer.

More than 50 years later, these questions may seem a bit quaint, but they continue to reverberate for anyone accustomed to the standard that fine art be anchored in representation rather than abstraction. Hans Namuth, who was photographing Pollock working on One: No. 31, 1950, wrote of his surprise when Pollock recommenced work on a painting Namuth thought was done: "[D]ripping wet canvas covered the entire floor.... There was complete silence.... Pollock looked at the painting. Then, unexpectedly, he picked up can and paint brush and started to move around the canvas. It was as if he suddenly realized the painting was not finished. His movements, slow at first, gradually became faster and more dance like as he flung black, white, and rust colored paint onto the canvas. He completely forgot that Lee and I were there; he did not seem to hear the click of the camera shutter...My photography session lasted as long as he kept painting, perhaps half an hour. In all that time, Pollock did not stop. How could one keep up this level of activity? Finally, he said 'This is it.'"

History's Greatest Artists: The Life and Legacy of Jackson Pollock looks at the personal background that led Pollock to become an artist and the cultural climate in which he rose to fame. Pollock's formal technique and artistic legacy are also analyzed, including his working methods and education. You will learn about Pollock like never before, in no time at all.

History's Greatest Artists: The Life and Legacy of Jackson Pollock Google Drive History's Greatest Artists: The Life and Legacy of Jackson Pollock pdf download full book

48a4f088c3

A Marine from Renault: An Alternative Start to a Career PathPlusL's Remake Instructions de Trans-Robot Jet pour LEGO 31008: Vous pouvez construire le Trans-Robot Jet de vos propres briques! (French Edition)Guest Book (Blank Lined Guest Books)Bernese Mountain Diets Matter: Dog Food Recipes Cookbook, Blank Recipe Cookbook, 7 x 10, 100 Blank Recipe PagesZwei Abhandlungen: 1. Das Dichtergemüt; 2. Goethe als Philosoph in der Prima (Classic Reprint) (German Edition)The Hairy Bikers Blood, Sweat and Tyres: The AutobiographySpeeches%2C+Correspondence%2C+Etc%3B%2C+Of+the+Late+Daniel+S.+Dickinson+of+New+York%2C+Vol.+2+of+2%3A+Including%2C+Addresses+on+Important+Public+Topics%3B+Speeches+in+...+During+the+Rebellion%3B+CorrePhantom+Lady+Comic+Collection%3A+6+Issue+Collection+-+Including+Phantom+Lady+%232-%235+%26amp%3B+Wonder+Boy+%2317-%2318Altes Zigeunerrezept gegen Liebeskummer 30 Tage - 30 Liebhaber: Tagebuch einer Heilung (German Edition)MUSE: Abbie Lane 1 Ms Nina Vain

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 05:07 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Rebirth Index du Forum » Candidatures

Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Sauter vers:  

Page 1 sur 1

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation